Tuesday, November 2, 2010

teeth brushing (again) (warning: gross pictures!)

Ok. So we were having problems with JoJo not wanting to brush his teeth. again. It's been an on going battle and it changes every day. One day he brushes, Next day he refuses. Uggh.  This is the 2nd worst battle we are going through....with the poop one being the first of course.

So. In desperation I am thinking...what if I show him pictures of rotten teeth? hmmmm.....isn't that too gross though? Would I be a mean mommy to do something like that? Well, that thought crossed my mind for all of 2 seconds and I was on the internet googling rotten teeth like there was no tomorrow.

I found some. Some pretty gross ones. Some that were TOO gross. I even showed my friend and she about jumped out of her skin when she saw them. Ok, not quite the effect I was looking for, but it worked. She didn't go running to the bathroom with her toothbrush, but hey, she is also not 3 1/2 yrs old. She knows better.

So. this morning, I get the proverbial "NO" when it came to teeth brushing time.
So I said "ok" you stay right there I have something to show you.....(thinking in my head, omg is this really going to work, am I going to give him nightmares, is it going to freak him out, will he start crying....) and then after those 2 seconds passed I got the pictures, sat down, and showed him these.....





yep, pretty gross.
He just stood there, in shock I think, just staring at them....

I told him this person didn't brush his teeth and this is what will happen if you don't brush your teeth.

Then I showed him this picture...


look at these nice clean teeth! This person brushes her teeth EVERY DAY.

Then silently, he just took my hand, walked me to the bathroom and said "I wanna brush my teeth".."no black" "no black mommy".....

SO we have victory. for today anyway.
I am hoping he won't need anymore reminders, but you never know.

1 comments:

Jen Z said...

LOL, awesome that that worked! I'd do it!

Post a Comment

 
© jojojunkie
CoffeeShop Designs