Wednesday, June 8, 2011

boys!

Wow I have not blogged in a while, seems like Facebook is getting most of my attention these days with the updates. Ok so blogger doesn't feel left out, thought I'd do a quick (did I say quick?) update on the happenings in our life...

JoJo is fully potty trained! woo hoo!! Pee and Poop! It took a while, and a lot of tears and mostly aggravation (for us) but everything that you read, is right. They WILL do it, but in their own time, and not yours. It's a very VERY frustrating process, and all I can say for anyone going through it right now, is HANG IN THERE....it doesn't matter that your child is 3 or 4 or whatever age and he's not potty trained...they will be soon enough and when they are ready. Oh and there is no magic switch, no magic toy, no magic stickers, no magic song that's gonna work for YOUR child, you just have to wait until they are ready.

Next, body parts. Ah yes. (grrrrr). Ok not so much grrrrr but I wish he wouldn't whip out his penis every 5 minutes to check it out! that's all. I mean really.  I know I know, he's exploring his body, yada yada, but honestly, he plays with it more than his toys lately. He asked what his "eggs" were called the other day, so I told him the real name for them and he asked if there were baby dinosaurs in them. Uh, that would be a big fat NO. I probably told him waaay too much information on what they were for....which reminds me....I need to get a book on body parts as he is at that age where he wants to know EVERYthing...I mean, everything.  What's this called, what's that for, how you spell this, who's that, why why why why why why.....arrghhhhhhh!! He never stops talking....AND he never stops moving!!  But, I like it that way :-)

He is about 38lbs (quarterback material I say) and almost 42" in height.  His shoe size is 11 almost 12, he will be in youth sizes soon! He wears a size 4 pants and size 5 Tops.  He is into Super Hero Squad, copies all the movements on the TV when they do the intro, dances and sings to ANYTHING and is quite a little performer!

We are teaching him patience and likewise he is teaching us patience.  Whenever we get a box from the Post office, he thinks its a TOY for him. Well, when it's NOT for him, he cries, he bawls, he has a little hissy fit and does a WWF on the floor. We are trying to teach him that not everything that comes in the mail is for him and next time if a box comes and its not for him, I told him I want him to say "OK Mommy"...and not cry, otherwise, when a toy does come, he won't get it.  We will see how that goes!

Lately he is into asking about family. About my Dad, my Mom, Clive's parents, his brothers, my sister, he wants to see photos of me as a "squishy baby" *ok so I was little squishy when I was a baby. He wants to see Clive when he was a baby, we have a video of him eating mac n cheese when he was about 18mths old and he LOVES watching that. He sees photos of Clive and I when we first met or after we got married and he says "I was not born yet".  He is just very very inquisitive.  He mentions the fact that "Grandma died" but still not sure if he understands what death is.

So, there's my update! As soon as my husband downloads the video we took of him dancing to Dancing Queen, by ABBA, will most like post that on......yup....Facebook!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jen Z said...

LOL, I love the dinosaur egg question! That's priceless.
Z just pooped on the potty for the first time after I caught him and put him on the toilet. He said, "That was easy!" like he was surprised. I'm like, yeah, it's not rocket science, buddy. Hopefully that'll make the rest of the process easier. :) Nice that you don't have to worry about that anymore. ;)

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

... so nice to see him growing ... happy and strong.... i love your blog...

Post a Comment

 
© jojojunkie
CoffeeShop Designs